Nothing beats the excitement and effectiveness of a well planned Open Day. There is really no substitute but for online educators and those trying to reach students out-of-state, virtual open days are a good option.
As part of the virtual open day, webinars could be hosted by going ‘Live’ in Facebook or by using systems the university/college already subscribes to like Adobe Connect or Blackboard Collaborate. Alternatively, for bigger budgets you could build your own custom web domain or microsite. This may include:
- Online lectures with well-known academics or those who have won teaching awards
- Live group chats with student recruiters and admission teams
- One-on-one chats with volunteer or paid student reps
- 360 tours in Google Streetview
- YouTube or Facebook live streaming recorded for later repurposing
- Recorded welcome messages from the VC or Dean
CAL can help design virtual open days, contact us for details.